Applying to the MA Program in Socio–Legal Studies
Deadline: January 15th for the following Fall admission.
The Graduate Program in Socio-Legal Studies seeks high-achieving students. To be considered for admission as a Master or Arts (MA) candidate in Socio–Legal Studies a student must have completed an honours degree program or equivalent from a recognized post secondary institution, with an academic average of no less than a B+ over the last two (2) years of academic work.
In consideration of satisfactory studies and/or other relevant experience, all applicants must:
- Submit a sample of recent academic work (25 pages or 5,000 words approximately).
- Submit a statement of interest — statement should include a discussion of applicant's background, interests, skills, career goals, as well as a proposed program of study (500 words approximately).
- Submit three letters of reference. At least two reference letters must be from an academic. The process is now online.
- Enclose an up–to–date resume or CV.
- Submit a Supplementary Information Form online.
- Proof of language proficiency is required for applicants who do not meet one of the following criteria:
- Their first language is English; OR,
- They have completed at least two (2) years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper based) or 250 (computer based) or YETL score of Band 1 or equivalent is required.